Sunday, January 3, 2010

Skate Naked...???


Eric tipped me off to this one as well... So, I guess we're getting a new indoor skatepark in Columbus.. Grandview specifically. it's called "Skate Naked"... For real. The 'about' on the website says "Skate Naked is Columbus, Ohio's only indoor street skatepark. It is a 20,000 square foot skatepark. Located in the heart of Ohio. We are bringing the best street spots into one place. Our Skatepark is full of good street, good transition, and good flow." The photos show an empty warehouse.. Other facts are bi-weekly contests, it's open till 3 am and they have a multi media crew to tape your session for a "reasonable" price. Now I'm REALLY skeptical about this...I have the feeling that someone with no connection to skateboarding is behind the park. The contact name is Adam. Besides this I have no clue as to who is behind this whole thing. I know I tend to be a glass half empty type of person but this gives me a really bad feeling. Seriously. What parent is going to take their kid to a park called Skate Naked??? I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's awesome. website: http://skate-naked.com/

*****UPDATED 1/20/2011*****
I felt the need to update this post since it pops up on search engines when people are looking up "Skate Naked".
The park has been open for over a year now. It turned out that despite the unusual name the park IS indeed legitimate. The place has proven to be a great asset to the skate community here. Adam and his crew are dedicated to giving us a great place to skate. They've changed up the park numerous times and added a bowl in the second room. As you have read above, I was quite skeptical originally, however I'm really pleased to say that I'm glad these guys are around.

6 comments:

  1. My name is kurt i have been skating for 8 years im twenty years old my dude adam has the funding behind this park i know the warehouse is empty but the building starts this week i know the name is weird but i can promise you all that this will be the sickest park you have ever skated it is legit as fuck just give it some time im not sure who wrote this but if you have questions and want to talk to some one who knows whats reslly going on with this park give me a call 614 824 7803

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kurt. I emailed Adam today and I should be over there to check out the park soon. I've been doing some research and so far it seems like the park will be legit. I didn't mean to be a dick, I'm just really skeptical about the motives of people who jump into skateboarding. I'm glad to hear that Adam hast the best interests of Columbus skaters in mind. Thanks again for your comment.

    -mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep us posted, and pictures of the build would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i went there the other night.and i thought it was a really awesome setup.they have our krews support 1000%. ...columbus really needed a place like this...and as far as the name......its great...i have noticed people are to conservative...expand your mind,,..........skate naked!
    thanks for for making it happen adam,kurt.and alll the outher skate-naked family.......happiness skate company.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. And as far as in the happiness skate blog u posted.
    1#its just a graphic..my focus is the quality of the wood ...thats what matters...
    2#i sell the shops boards at 25 bucks,so they can sell our boards at 35
    3#we are not in it for money.as u can tell..by us giving decks away to kids.
    4#its is strictyly to support or youth and providing them with skateboards...im sorry you have a problem with that.
    5#all i care about is seeing kids like my son and others skating and having fun...its about the love not money.
    Im trully sorry to hear such negativity...it really sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff, Sorry that I’m replying so late, but you should have commented on the “Happiness” post. This one is from last month. Yes my post about Happiness was negative. It’s going to take a lot to change my opinion. Yes it is just a graphic. And yes it does matter. Especially when the graphic is a statement. That “Fake BS” graphic is a public bashing of another brand. You are saying that you are all about love and happiness, you are giving out conflicting messages. Your ONE single graphic is not positive at all. The fact that you cant’t see that is exactly why I’m so negative.

    ReplyDelete