Sunday, March 28, 2010

Canal Winchester park is finally open

The Canal Winchester parks and recreation people have finally opened the park. Taylor and I drove out there yesterday to check it out. It was super crowded.. I was amazed to see how many kids skate that live out there. I grew up about 10 minutes away from Canal and back then I'm not sure if there were ANY skaters... the park is ok. I understand that there was a limited budget, but it's way too small. They did managed to put a lot of obstacles into a tiny space.. The place will be a lot more fun on days that no one is there. Definitely worth checking out, however I know I'll only go there occasionally.

Canal Winchester is on the far South East side of Columbus. From downtown, take 70 east to 33 towards lancaster, turn right at Gender Rd, left on Groveport Rd. The park is 1/4 mile on the left.

Canal Winchester skatepark opening weekend from michael newton on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Next time you guys gotta come drink budweisers with us!
    Ben Eric Josh and I all went to Grove City.
    But next time we should for real do delaware !!

    ReplyDelete